OVER 10,000 COPIES SOLD! Maude’s Award Winner for Innovation in Alzheimer’s Care.
Activities to Do with Your Parent Who Has Alzheimer’s Dementia provides a selection of user-friendly activities that will help maintain your parent’s self-care skills, mobility, and socialization.
These tasks encourage success and feelings of self worth, and offer imaginative ways to interact with your parent. The Activity Assessment Form objectively allows you to look at each of these tasks. It can help to determine the setup and environment that works best with your parent. This written format is a tool which also encourages consistency between caregivers.
In this book you will find:
- Over fifty activity ideas with implementation suggestions
- Activity Assessment Forms
- Alzheimer’s dementia support sources
- Caregiver burnout prevention ideas
- Definitions of frequently used medical terms
- Room by room safety suggestions
- Home and personal safety assessment
Activities to Do with Your Parent Who Has Alzheimer’s Dementia was created by Judith A. Levy, a practicing occupational therapist for over 40 years, who now finds herself in a new role as a care partner to her parent with dementia.