Join this global movement!
Please join us as we discover what it is to create networks of support for individuals facing life-limiting illness and the communities that serve them.
Building Compassionate Communities: Raising Awareness of Palliative Care and Advance Care Planning in Alberta, is a one-day forum
that brings world class speakers and organizations together to learn from the best palliative care worldwide.
Drawing on the expertise of international experts, this forum will help attendees:
- Learn about the Compassionate Communities movement and its benefits from our panel of internationally renowned speakers and receive practical training.
- Collaborate on an action plan that supports individuals and organizations who share a vision for Compassionate Communities, which will help support the Covenant Health Palliative Institute and its partners in providing world-class palliative care and advance care planning resources.
- Support one another through conversations about what it means to live and die well, practically and emotionally.
- Learn how to help families and communities support those with a serious illness.
- Mobilize strategies that ensure equity, diversity and inclusion can be woven throughout Compassionate Communities.
- Learn to use innovative tools designed to guide future decisions about health, financial and legal affairs.
This conference is an opportunity for you to partner with like-minded individuals and organizations from the international community. Together, we will create a uniquely Albertan strategy that integrates knowledge and strengthens community coalitions in support of individuals facing life-limiting illness and the people that support them.